The curriculum ensures all learning content is tailored to individual needs, interests and aspirations, and all programmes are designed to complement both vocational and academic learner pathways. Through the programme young people are supported to gain the skills required to progress into apprenticeship training or further education.
Learners are also given guidance regarding online child safety and exploitation. Read the latest information from CEOP about keeping children safe online or to report any concerns regarding online safety.
The Midlands Curriculum includes:
- GCSE Maths and English
- Functional Skills in Maths and English from Entry Level to Level 2
- IMI Cert/Diploma Motor Vehicle Levels 1 and 2
- BTEC Certification in Construction
- BTEC Certificate in Work Skills
- BTEC Certificate in Health and Social Care
- BTEC Certificate in Caring for Children
- BTEC Certificate Customer Services
- BTEC Certificate Business & Administration
- BTEC Certificate in Sports and Active Leisure
- BTEC Certificate in Vocational Studies
- Home Cooking Skills
- Money and Finance Skills.
We also support young people with:
- an individual plan with realistic and achievable goals
- the development of employability skills
- regular one-to-one progress meetings
- information, advice and guidance about employment, training and education options available, including trips to colleges.